If you work from a home office in Perth you will know how difficult it can be to focus when your environment is not perfect. By perfect, I mean that your office needs to be comfortable and quiet and conducive to working, rather than being an ‘open house’ for your family and friends.
When you have to set up your Perth home office in the kitchen or family room in your home and balance your laptop on your knee or work in a tiny space, working at home can become very frustrating.
You start out with the best of intentions, but with all of the interruptions and with an inadequate working space, it ends up not being as easy to work from home as you first thought. The solution is to design a Perth home office that suits your working requirements and where you can shut the door at the end of the day.
At Flexi offices, we have years of experience in designing home offices and storage solutions that make our clients working days run smoothly. So here are 5 tips for designing the perfect Perth home office:
- Location: If you have a spare room that can be dedicated as your home office then that is an easy solution. Otherwise, you can consider building an extension or a separate building or even repurpose the garage or an existing annexe in your home.
- Desk space: How much desk space do you need? You might need to lay out large plans or spread out a number of books or files when you work, so don’t stint on the desk space or else your working day will suffer. Also consider whether you need additional work stations for casual employees, and storage needs.
- Cupboards To Store Files: Apart from a desk drawer, your Perth home office will most probably need some open shelving and storage cupboards, so put some serious thought into how much storage you need long term.
- Flooring: The best type of flooring for a home office in Perth is tiles or timber, as this makes it very easy to keep clean and to wheel your computer chairs around as well. The last flooring you want is carpet, so if you are repurposing a room, rip up the old carpet and at the very least, lay a new laminate flooring.
- Extra seating: If you have customers visiting your home office, then you will need a few extra chairs and depending on your space, you could make a nice seating area with a small coffee table as well.
If you are ready to design the perfect Perth home office for your business, then give us a call at Flexi Home Offices on 08 9301 4200 or complete our online enquiry form and we will design the perfect office for your business.
April 26, 2016