Working in a home office in Perth, is becoming very common these days and it is very important to ensure that your work space is a safe and comfortable area to spend your working day.
It is not hard to ensure that your home office is free from hazards and a safe place to work in.
Here are some simple tips on how to set up an ergonomically correct home office in Perth.
- Does it conform to Australian Standard AS/NZS 4438?
- Is the height adjustable?
- Does the backrest adjust separately to provide lumbar support?
- Does it have a “waterfall” front?
- Is the seat of the chair short enough to allow full back support, without the front edge pushing on the backs of your legs?
Avoid Eye Strain With Adequate lighting:
- Make the most of natural lighting where possible.
- Invest in quality curtains to avoid glare and reflections.
- The desk area should be well lit, with minimal shadows.
- The light source should be out of your line of sight.
- Where necessary, invest in some good quality desk lamps, with light shades that cover the bulb.
Smart Office Desk:
- Get the correct layout for your desk space.
- Adjust your monitor height, you may need to invest in a monitor riser or arm to adjust the height of your monitor to be at eye level, which will reduce the risk of eye and neck strain.
- Think of your work area in zones, to avoid any excessive stretching and assist in maintaining correct posture while you work. Zone 1 is closest to where you’ll be sitting, Zone 2 is at arms reach and Zone 3 is beyond this. All the items you use frequently belong in Zone 1. This includes your mouse, keypad, pens etc. Zone 2 is for items that are used on a semi-regular basis, such as your telephone, stapler and hole punch. Zone 3 is for items that you don’t use often. This may be your printer, laminator or fax machine.
- Take regular short breaks, walking away from your desk, stretching your legs, roll your neck and relax your eyes. You will also feel more refreshed and increase your productivity.
Flexi Home Office Furniture Design
See for yourself how Flexi help to promote your home business with a professional finish that will impress.
For your free consultation contact us to make an appointment with one of our team today on (08) 9301 4200.
May 28, 2019